Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

First Time To Make Christmas Outfits

  Today I want to talk about a project that I did several years ago.  I haven't blogged about it before and would like to.  I think this was the first time I made Christmas outfits for the kids.

Monogrammed Jumpers!

     I made these back in December of 2007.  I didn't use a pattern.  I just measured them at their thickest point for width and added two inches (1/2 inch seam allowance).  Then I measured for length and added 4 or 5 inches to Delsin's so that I could fold up the pants legs to show the reverse side of the fabric.  I made the crotch of the pants in a curve, so there are only two pieces of fabric to make the complete bodice. One for the front and one for the back.  I simply cut the top like a pair of overalls.

     The dress was like a square topped letter "A" with ribbons for straps.

     These outfits are reversible with monogramming on one side and the other side just the toile fabric.  Carolina wore that dress, this year.  I just had her wear the green side.

Our cat Myrtle is the one in Delsin's lap.  The way we got Myrtle is a funny story.  Daniel took Prince to work with him one day.   Prince had a vet appointment and so Daniel had to keep him at the office for the day.  Well, on one of their breaks out the backdoor Prince went into the woods and wouldn't come back when Daniel called him.  So Daniel went to investigate and found Prince loving on this sweet kitten.  He wouldn't leave his side and it was obvious he didn't have a home so Daniel picked him up.  Here is a photo of them cuddling.

     That dog loved that cat and that cat loved that dog.  They are both together in Heaven now, and I miss them terribly.  So glad God let me know them both.

0 comments:

Post a Comment