Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our scarf, 1st knitting project.

I put this on Delsin and Kai's art page too, but since I helped a great deal and did most of it I'm putting it on my page as well. Thanks to Nanna giving us a knitting machine I can now knit! (snickering) I can knit with a knitting machine! It's a neat little gadget. You thread the yarn through it then turn a crank this way and that until you get a section as long as you like. Finally you can attach those sections to each other to make a blanket or whatever. We used the flat panel option to make this scarf, and I am so proud to say that it was Delsin and Kai's idea and they did quite a lot of work on it. They did as much as I would let them do, which really is a lot. I had to patch holes too 'cause we need more practice with the machine, but we had so much fun making this. We can't wait till cooler weather and we're gonna make more things as soon as we get the chance.
Thursday, June 25, 2009

New seat covers with matching tablecloth

For Christmas we got Delsin and Kai this cute little table and chairs. Well, it didn't look like this.
Below is a picture of it Chrismas morning, before Kai ripped holes in one of the chairs and the table top. The table top is for dry erase markers, so we decided that instead of recovering it we'd just make a table cloth for it.

Luckily I had some fabric I've been moving around with me for the last 13 years, never used. It was fabric I had promised to make seat cushions out of for someone else, but got frustrated when I realized I didn't know what I was doing. I never made those seat cushions. I feel bad about that, and I'm no longer friends with that person. So now my children are enjoying their custom tablecloth and covered chairs.

Monday, June 15, 2009

My summer dress

Simplicity patterns aren't supposed to take 3 days to make. But then again you really aren't supposed to buy a size 14 pattern for a person that is less than half that size. The thing is, I can almost never find my sized patterns. Anything that is cute is for a size 10 at the least. It really irks me. I might be able to do better without a pattern at all, but I don't know. Anyway I stayed up till 2 am today trying to put the finishing touches on it. I wore the dress yesterday, but could never take a deep breath 'cause I made it a little too tight around the top. Now it's better, not perfect, but better. Maybe the next one will be even better.

I've been wanting some more long dresses. I just love wearing long dresses and skirts. I made another skirt recently that I'll post soon. This is two different fabrics. One is the print that looks like several different fabrics sewn together. That's what I used for the skirt part. The top is matching stripes.

Today I hope to start on a bohemian skirt and blouse made from the same fabric, for Kai. Then I want to make a shirt from the striped fabric for Delsin, if I have enough. If not, I may use scraps to trim out a shirt from another fabric. We'll see.
Here is the pattern I used.