Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Jelly Pancakes



I made these for breakfast one morning last month.  They were kinda like an appetizer to regular pancakes that I did not get a picture of.  But I took both recipes from page 95 of the All About Home Baking cookbook.   I've blogged about this cookbook before.  It was published in 1933 and I just love finding interesting recipes in this cookbook.  
This was a pancake recipe that was different from the other recipe in that it called for flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, milk, egg yolks, egg whites, & butter or shortening.  
The other pancake recipe I tried that same morning called for cake flour, baking soda, salt, egg, buttermilk, and butter or shortening.
After you cook the pancakes, you spread jelly on them and roll them up.  
Everybody begged for more, but it was actually quite a bit more work, because of sifting, beating the egg yolks, then beating the egg whites till they were stiff.  
A very good recipe though, and great for making something special occasionally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment