Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Deceptively Delicious - Coffee Cake


When I was a kid I tried coffee cake one time and decided I didn't like it, so when I saw the recipe in this cookbook (Deceptively Delicious) I knew that it was going to be one of the last breakfast recipes I would try.  Yesterday I was feeling a little adventurous and decided to go for it.  Kai, Carolina, and myself made it in about 2 hours.  Now it wouldn't have taken me that long if I had just done it myself, but there's something irresistible about cooking with my kids.

This recipe calls for Butternut squash puree.  I didn't have that so I used yellow squash.
One thing I noticed is that with the squash and the marshmallows I cooked this well longer than the recipe called for and my toothpick still came out with stuff on it.  I think it would have been better had I mixed the puree up with the rest of the ingredients.  Anyway, the kids ate it up.
We took it with us to my parents house to share with them, but they didn't try a bite of it.
Daniel and the kids and I ate every last bite of it.  It was good.  After Delsin's 3rd piece he declared that he didn't like it, but that didn't stop him from getting more.


0 comments:

Post a Comment