I was excited to get to upcycle a couple pairs of pants for this project.
The "mudd" label was too perfect to remove. It's reflective of my day. Kids playing in mud and me complaining about it getting tracked onto my freshly cleaned floors. Those pockets came off of a pair of Carolina's old pants. I also rescued some cute embroidery of flowers that was on the pant leg. I hope to use it in some future project. Maybe the Project Run and Play bag that's the challenge for this month. The denim underneath the pockets came off of a pair of Kai's pants.
The piping fabric was a suede looking fleece. It was in with a bag of fabric I bought at a yard sale at least 6 years ago. It was all samples. Not quite a fat quarter, but enough to make a few things.
I tried the shoestring trick for the cording for this piping. If you remember I posted recently about making shoestrings out of an old t-shirt. So I cut a 1" wide length of t-shirt.
Then stretched it to make it curl up.
Finally, I wrapped a 1" wide strip of my piping fabric around it and stitch. And I had my own custom piping and upcycled a t-shirt that was to be disposed of.