Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss Day (Read Across America Day) T-Shirts (In Action) and Snack Hats

Again, I used this tutorial for everything Dr. Seuss today.  http://gretchenewilliams.com/the-cat-in-the-hat

Except she used sugar cookies for the base of the hat and since we just happened to make rice krispies yesterday I used those.  With a small round cookie cutter I cut them out and made sure they were flat on top.  Then I added red food coloring to the icing and also used red sugar sprinkles in between the layers.  Woo Hoo, I can surely expect some bad behavior on those behavior sheets today, with all that sugar.  Maybe they'll surprise me and I won't feel like such a bad mommy.  At least it's going to be a short day due to possible tornado weather this afternoon.

They love the shirts!
We had the space heater blowing on them for the last hour, but they are all dry and everybody's excited.
I did go ahead and send them some money to buy real hats with, in hopes that it's not too late.

So what did you do special for Read Across America Day today?
Show and tell!

0 comments:

Post a Comment