Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I made another shirt for Delsin!

Here is a picture of the diapers I've most recently made for Carolina and one for Enoch.
They all have a micro fleece inner layer and a Windpro fleece outer layer with a hemp terry soaker pad, except for the one with polka dots.  That inner layer is minky, but I got it at Joann's and I think theirs is called "Soft and cuddly".  I was told by some diaper sewing blogger mommas that minky is good for wicking, and some minky is good for repelling.  I knew that my fabric did not repel because I used it for a teething doll that I made for Carolina last Christmas.  I made this diaper and Carolina loved the fabric choice.  As soon as she saw the diaper she felt it and smiled, then rubbed it on her face.  It was so funny.  I put it on her and as soon as she peed in it she started screaming and pulling at the diaper.  Turns out that this fabric absorbs.  So it's definitely NOT a night time diaper.  Oh well, you live and learn.  I have another diaper or two worth of micro fleece and then I'm going to try the suede cloth that I bought on the advice of the diaper making blogging mommas that I chat online with.  They swear it's their favorite fabric for wicking the moisture away from the baby's skin.  Right now, my favorite is still micro fleece.  We'll see if that changes anytime soon.

Delsin had to turn in a poster on a dinosaur today.  He had to present it to the class.  I was so proud of him because I think he did a great job.  I wish I had taken a picture of it before he turned it in.  Perhaps I'll take one at the parent/teacher conferences tomorrow night.  It'll be hanging in the hall.
I wanted him to be in full dinosaur mode, and I wanted to use up some dinosaur flannel I've had in my stash for a while, so I put together a long sleeve flannel shirt for him.
Here is the pattern I've been using for Delsin's shirts that I've made this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment