Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

The past 2 weeks.

I first want to say that I know my blogs have been dreadfully neglected and it's breaking my heart.  With all the things going on around here I have sooo much to blog about, but so little time to do it.  No time, in fact.  As I type my mind is on the 1/2 bushel of peaches I'm hoping will still be good enough to make cobblers with tomorrow, to freeze.  I've got 2 batches of peach jam sitting on the deep freezer, along with some canned tomatoes I did today.  Daniel made the jam, it was his first time to ever make jam and I am so proud of him.

We had a county fair last weekend where we placed in the top 3 in many categories with baked goods, canned goods, garden vegetables, sewn items & photography.  Our daughters were in pageants.  They had fun wearing their Sunday best outfits.  The bishop dress Carolina is wearing is the one I made in my tutorial.  It placed 2nd in the smocking category of the county fair competition.  I collected my ribbon and my dress and put it on her, then she proceeded to win first place in the pageant.  Kai got a participation trophy and is so excited to have it sitting on the shelf next to her soccer trophy.  We've started school and had homework every night for the past two weeks.  We've started Girl Scouts (Daisy's to be precise) and Ballet/Tap lessons, Boy Scouts for our son as well as T-Ball, going to a new church, growing a garden at my daddy's house, and spending nearly every other night visiting with family.  I seriously don't think I've spent a single day home, without leaving the house, in over two months at the very least.  We've also had 3 pets pass away during this time.

I was able to make their first day of school outfits and Kai's backpack.  I had already made Delsin's.



I could go on and on.  I really want to update this blog soon.  I sincerely hope I can find the time to get it done.  But there's a couple of sad pear trees at a lot across the street where the house burned down years ago.  They are sad because they have no one to pick their ripe pears, so Kai and I are going to take some grocery sacks with us to ballet practice so that we can stop by and pick them on our walk back home.  Then of course we have to make some pear jam, or pear honey.  I'll try to keep my blog updated about it and add something else too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment