This is another one of those things where I should have taken a before and after photo. The red stretch velvet bodice of this dress was cut from one of my favorite shirts. A shirt that I've had for a very very long time and it looked as great as the day I bought it. I decided to make something for Carolina out of this dress in a pouty huff. I was throwing a fit over having baby weight and looking for something comfortable to breastfeed in. I snatched this shirt out of the drawer and tossed it onto the top of my scrap fabric heap. I started imagining a dress. Too bad it's too big for her this year. It's the "newborn" sized dress in the McCalls M6103 pattern. I added the sash and bow around the waist and made a matching head band. It's really pretty. Kai wants a matching dress. Maybe I'll make hers to fit her next year too.