Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Old Placemat Converts to New Dish Towel


As I was folding clothes, day before yesterday, I came across this place mat that had stains on it. I decided that I needed to either throw it away right then, or make it something useful, right then. So I cut a square off around the embroidery, and found a square of fabric that didn't have a stain, approximately 12 x 12 inches. I hemmed the edges, and used a satin stitch to put the embroidery back in a corner. Now I have a new dish washing towel to match 3 place mats that I own. Which is fine because for now there are only 3 of us that eat breakfast and lunch at home on a daily basis. By the time the 4Th one comes along we'll have stained those other place mats to the point of converting those to matching dish towels too. ☺

0 comments:

Post a Comment