I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this challenge.
I've already mentioned how when we were in Florida for Spring Break we saved a broken beach chair from a trash can on the beach. Well, the cover was all that was saved. I love the bright colors. It looks brand new, except the rivets were rusted.
I knew that beach chair was going to become a pair of shorts, and that's what happened.
I made a pair of flat front shorts for Delsin.
I also put a pocket on one side of them.
Years ago I bought Daniel a green t-shirt and when he got a stain on it he didn't want it anymore, so I stashed it away in my fabric room till one day it would find it's way into a project. That day came today.
Using one of Delsin's existing shirts I cut this one down to size and hemmed all the raw edges. Then, out of leftover fabric that I made his shorts out of, I cut out some surf boards and appliqued them onto the shirt. Finally, I embroidered "Surf's Up!" onto the shirt.
For the last article of clothing, his white button up shirt, I took an old fitted sheet that I used when we had a king sized bed.
(Here's a picture of Kai laying on the bed posing for Christmas pictures, back in 2006.)
I bleached this shirt for 8 hours by submerging it into a bucket of bleach/water mixture.
Once I assembled the shirt I monogrammed his initials onto the pocket.
I love how this shirt can go with this outfit, or with slacks for a dressier look.
This has been one of my favorite projects to do.